Monday, June 24, 2019

Budget

The Oxford Dictionary says that income is, "Money Received, especially on a regular basis, for work or through investments. Income is money you gain creating the inflow of money. This can be gained though salaries and profits over time.

Expenditure means spending money or the amount of money spent on something. Cambridge Dictionary says expenditure is, "the total amount of money that a government or person spends"

The allocated budget which we received from the college was £1000 to spend on our show. This would be spent on instruments and equipment which will be needed for the show.

I did some research into where we could hire instruments and found that Music Room London had the equipment we would need and in high quality.

The equipment for hire are as follows:

Keyboard x2
Bass Guitar x1
Drums x 1
Drum mics 5 set x1
Congas x1
Wireless Microphones x6
Hand held Microphones x5
D.I. Box x2
Mic Stand x11
Lighting x1

This all equates to £830











The next thing that needs to be hired is a venue. The hall I looked at was Harmony Hall in Walthamstow. I looked at their pricings and for what we would do it seemed the Melody Room on weekdays for community/ charity would be the best for us. This cost £25 per hour and our set is about 45 mins so this would be cost effective. Also the hall is located in a local area which all the group members know.



I researched the cost of printing posters and found PrintExpert gave one of the best prices and were also a local service in Walthamstow. The shop does 50 A3 posters for £45 which is relatively cheap and fits our budget.

In total the amount being spent is £900 and my budget was £1000 so I have and extra £100 to spend. This could be used to provide food for the group on the day of the performance.

Our show won't cost this much as most of the money being spent is going towards instruments and this will be provided for us by LSC. Also our venue is being given to us by LSC for free as we are students in the college. 




No comments:

Post a Comment